When USS Real Estate sought to develop a new corporate headquarters, they had more than office space in mind. They wanted a place that captures the spirit of a company with 150 years of history. The goal was to highlight a longtime commitment to conservation, stewardship and community. There was no better spot than The Preserve and no better general contractor than Stewart Perry.
The Preserve, a USS Real Estate development, is a 300-acre master-planned community that adjoins the 250-acres of Moss Rock Preserve, a hiking, bird watching and rock climbing sanctuary. The new building was the next phase of the Town Center development, a live/work environment. In keeping with the Preserve’s stringent architectural standards, the New Orleans style façade features cast iron rails set in an oak leaf pattern. Building art includes signage from the old Pratt City Railroad, handcrafted by ironworkers circa 1920’s.
US Steel’s Real Estate, Legal and Governmental Affairs teams are housed in the new facility, which is known as the TCI building and fronts on the Village Green of The Preserve. First floor space includes retail and restaurant offerings. Positioning in the heart of the town allows the developer to truly be a part of the community they so carefully built.